I keep making headway regarding outstanding problems with my migration to Vista. It appears that I’ve overcome the problem with EQ2Map Updater.
- Apparently, some of the files in the map directory for EQ2Maps (E.G.: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest II\UI\EQ2MAP) are/became read only. I removed the read only property
- and then EQ2Map Update stopped freezing and generated a big ugly error message. I’d paste it here, but I’ve not been able to re-create it. I made the error message go away by stopping my anti-virus program, Avast, which also seems to be having some problems with Vista (see below)