ATI released their “production” Vista driver on January 29th. And it apparently has native OpenGL support, at least according to this extract from the release notes:
This release of Catalyst® introduces the following new features:
- Blu-ray and HD-DVD playback
- CrossFireâ„¢ support under Vista
- Native OpenGL Vista support
- Catalystâ„¢ Install Manager for Vista
- New Catalystâ„¢ Control Center
This looks very promising. Unfortunately, I’m away from home at the moment and likely won’t have a chance to try this out for a couple of weeks. I’m still shaking my head, though, about ATI waiting until pretty much the day of release for Vista before making these features available for folks to test out.