I registered a new domain name yesterday: geekonaharley.org. My current vague plan is to move my motorcycle-related posts from here to the new blog in an effort to make the ‘eclectic’ nature of my posts slightly less so. I.e.: people interested in my motorbike related posts won’t get any cat or politics related posts […]
My vast audience has no doubt noticed that the site has been sporadically unavailable, slow, or outright broken periodically for the past few days. I won’t go into all the details at this time, although I expect such details will be coming.
For now, be aware that I have made/am making a number of […]
The power supply in my web server failed last week. The old chassis was a “compact” Antec case with a specialized power supply that I couldn’t find a replacement for.
I’ve put everything into a new chassis, this time with a standard-size power supply. The server seems to be back up and running normally […]
My site has been plagued by odd characters in some of my old posts for a rather long time. The most common is the seemingly random appearance of Â characters in the midst of some of my posts.
I know the basic cause: one of my WordPress / MySQL updates in ancient times (circa […]
I shut down the site over the weekend and upgraded / migrated to a new server operating system. Kelly’s World was running on Mandriva 2008.1 prior to today. As of now, the site is live on a Fedora 16 server. My main reason for performing the migration was to get an OS in place […]
I looked at the banner of my site today and see that Kelly’s World has broken the 1 million hits mark. Whoopee, and so forth.
I would like to imagine that this number represents some count of real people visiting, but the reality is less pleasant. I’d guesstimate that about 99% of the visits […]
UPDATE: I’ve completed the WordPress upgrades, including an update to the site theme and correction of a problem with my “Archives” page. I’m expecting to find some problems over the course of the next day or two but, for now at least, it appears that the basics are all working